Earth Girl to Mother
You felt me first, right there inside
My burgeoning and quickened life.
You brought me forth, no easy path
but I am lucky that you hath
the constitution, termperment
to raise a child, to help it sprint
up from a tiny, useless thing...
to me, a full grown girl earthling.
I often say I'm a mother not
I retch at the faintest hint of snot
I run when diapers bulge with filth
I've not the stomach for it, stilth...
There are these girl earthlings like myself,
two silly funny little elfs
who I care for more than I could concieve,
I feel more for them than I'd believed.
Not of my line, but alien
these smallish spawn are not my kin.
But in my life and times they dwell.
It's strange how oddly I'm compelled
To love them as if they were my own.
I guess you can get blood from stones.
You're part of that, that cycle borne
that makes me love them through my scorn.
What is this mys-ter-y of life
that cuts ones re-solve like a knife?
A mother after all am I
And I've stopped asking reasons why.
I simply am Earth Girl, Maternal, who,
as you are mine, I am their's too.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home